When was the last time you thought about the actual light bulbs around your home? IT's probably been a while, or at least since you last had to replace a dead bulb. As crucial as lighting is to our daily lives, it's often forgotten until something breaks and draws our attention. This year, let's get a head start on fixing and replacing those bulbs with smart versions.
Why should I upgrade my lights?
If your home is still lit by incandescent light bulbs from the 80s, then it's' time for a fresh start. Incandescent bulbs are far less efficient than even the LED and CFL counterparts. They waste most of their energy on heat rather than light, which causes them to burn out faster.
Why should I choose smart light bulbs?
If you want to take your light upgrades a step further, then replace your old incandescents with new smart light bulbs. You might be wondering, "what makes a light smart?" Here are some of the features that accompany a smart light bulb:
- Able to be controlled through voice commands or smartphone apps
- Easy light tone customization
- Scheduled on and off times
- Longer lifespan—LED smart lights can last up to 50,000 hours, compared to an incandescent's 2,000 hours.
- Motion detection for increased safety and security
- Greater efficiency—an Energy Star certified smart light bulb uses up to 90 percent less energy than a traditional bulb.
If you're ready to upgrade your home's lighting, then contact our team for expert lighting assistance. Whether you're just swapping out bulbs or wanting to redesign some of the lightning in your home, we're here to help. Visit our website or give us a call at (979) 243-2568 to learn more about our services and how we can make your home brighter today!